Delicious high protein vegan recipe for the holidays to impress your non vegan friends! Made with seitan sausages, mushrooms and mashed potatoes. Perfect for your Christmas dinner.
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped (about 1 medium onion)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1 cup sliced carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 3 cups potatoes, sliced in half (about 30 small potatoes)
- 1.5 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 2 tbsp potato starch mixed in 4 tbsp water
- 3 seitan sausages, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
For the vegan beef mushroom bourguignon
- In a small bowl, whisk the potato starch and water. Once dissolved, add the coconut sugar and tomato paste and whisk until incorporated.
- Put all ingredients in your Crock-Pot® slow cooker and mix well.
- Put the lid on, lock it and set to 6h.
For the mashed potatoes
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes
- Drain and mash with remaining ingredients until smooth