vegan chestnut cream and rum tarts with vanilla cream
- 1 cup GF all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (solid state)
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3–4 tablespoons plantbased milk (put in the freezer for 10 min)
- 1 can chestnut cream (250g)
- 2 tbsp soy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rum
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, neutral taste
- 6 tbsp plantbased milk
- 1/2 cup fresh young coconut meat
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup packed irish moss, soaked overnight, well rinsed / drained and chopped
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for two hours and drained
- 5 tbsp melted coconut oil (neutral taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350f
- Combine the flour and salt together in a small food processor & pulse a few times. Add the solid coconut oil and process until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Stir in one tablespoon of cold plant milk into the mixture at a time, until the mixture begins to hold together.
- Roll the dough into a ball and set in the fridge for about 15 min.
- Place the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper, roll the dough into a large rectangle, then place in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Cut out the circles of the chilled dough using tart rings. Re-roll the excess dough.
- Using a sharp knife, cut long strips of dough about 3/4-inch wide. Carefully lift the strips and place them on the inside of each tart ring. Press them against the sides so they are flush with the dough at the bottom. Cut off any excess pastry hanging over the top of the tart rings as needed.
- Poke a few holes on the bottom of the crust with a fork.
- Bake tart for 20-25 minutes. Cool tarts completely while preparing the chestnut cream and vanilla cream.
- Combine the plantbased milk, coconut meat, maple syrup, coconut cream, irish moss and vanilla extract in a high speed blender and puree until smooth.
- Add soaked cashews and blend until smooth.
- Add coconut oil and blend until smooth.
- Fill sphere shaped silicon molds and set in the freezer for 2-3h.
- Combine all ingredients in a small food processor and process until smooth.
- Fill the tarts with the chestnut cream and set in the fridge for 30 min.
- Remove the vanilla cream spheres from the molds and place on top of the chestnut cream.
- Let the tarts sit at room temperature for 20-25 min before serving.